Chapter 1 General Provisions
Article 1 (Purpose)
This Agreement shall stipulate conditions and procedures to use all services that the Site of Genetic Resources Information Center (hereinafter, “the Center”) (abs.go.kr) and Integrated Reporting Service (hereinafter, the “Service”) provides, and rights and responsibilities, duties between users and the Center.
Article 2 (Validity and Modification of the Agreement)
- On your consent to this Agreement, all activities in relation to the supply of Service by the Center on the Site and your use of Service will be subject to this Agreement.
- This Agreement may be modified without notice. Such modification shall be informed on the Site or via e-mail to members, upon which the effect will take place immediately. Any member not agreeing to such modified Agreement is allowed to cancel their registration for membership (Withdrawal). Continuous use will be deemed to be approval to it.
Article 3 (Other Regulations)
Any matter not stipulated in this Agreement shall be subject to Framework Act on Broadcasting Communications Development, Telecommunications Business Act, Regulations for Review by Information Communication Ethics Committee, Information and Communication Ethics, Program Protection Act and other relevant acts.
Article 4 (Definition)
When used in this Agreement, each of the following terms shall have the following respective meaning.
- 1 User means a person who uses the Service of the Center’s Site under this Agreement.
- 2 Subscription means to fill in the subscription form in the Center’s Site to complete Service Use Contract by consenting to this Agreement.
- 3 Member means a person who has registered as a member to the Center’s Site by providing their personal information and is allowed to use the Service.
- 4 Password means the combination of letters and numbers designated by a User in order to identify such user for the purpose of protecting their secrecy on communication.
- 5 Cancellation means the act when a member terminates Service Use Contract.
Chapter 2. Supply and Use of the Service
Article 5 (Validation)
- 1. Service will take effect when a user completes an on-line subscription form that Center’s Site provides.
- 2. The Center’s Site may terminate Service of a user if one of the following events occurs.
- If subscription is made under a third person’s name
- If any matter in the subscription form is false
- If such user obstructs other person’s use of the Service, or misappropriates other person’s personal information
- If such user uses the Center’s Site to commit any action prohibited by law or this Agreement
- If requirements for subscription provided by Center’s Site are not fulfilled
Article 6 (Consent to Use of Member Information)
- 1. Member’s information shall be protected by the Personal Information Protection Act.
- 2. Member’s information of the Center’s Site shall be used, managed, and protected, as follows
- Use of personal information: The Center’s Site shall not disclose or expose its members’ information collected during subscription process to any third party without prior consent, except when it is required to do so by demand from national authorities pursuant to provisions of relevant laws or under any need for investigation from Information Communication Ethics Committee, any other demand to do that pursuant to procedure provided relevant laws, or when a member exposes their own information spontaneously.
- Management of personal information: A member is allowed to correct/delete its information at any time for the purpose of protection and proper maintenance on Personal Information screen in the Site.
- Protection of personal information: Only members are allowed to read/correct/delete their own information, which they will be allowed to access by members’ IDs and passwords. Therefore, IDs and passwords should be kept secret, and log-out/closing the web-browser is recommended when finished.
- Subscription of a member to use the Service is deemed to consent to collection and use of member’s information by the Center’s Site.
Article 7 (Effectiveness of Digital Signature)
In cases where an applicant fills in the reporting forms provided by the “Integrated Reporting System”, the applicant’s digital signature shall be deemed to have the same legal effect as the person’s handwritten signature.
Article 8 (Confidentiality by a User)
- 1. On completion of subscription process to the Center’s Site Service, such member is responsible to manage its own information. A member shall be responsible for any result arising from the use of member’s ID and password.
- 2. Members are responsible for management of their IDs and passwords. Members shall not be exempted from their responsibilities if they fail to report when inappropriate use is found.
- 3. Users should disconnect when they finish using the Center’s Site Service. The Center’s Site will not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from use of a members’ information by a third party which results from the failure of such disconnection by the users.
Article 9 (Suspension of Service)
The Center’s Site is entitled to suspend or restrict its Service to a user if it violates this Agreement.
Article 10 (Modification or Cancellation of Service)
- 1. The Center’s Site will not be responsible for any kind of loss or damage incurred from using Service information by members. Also, it will not be responsible for the information, materials, reliability, accuracy, etc. which are provided by members.
- 2. The Center’s Site will not be responsible for any loss to members incurred from use of Service due to members’ intention or negligence.
Chapter 3 Duties and Responsibilities
Article 11 (Responsibility of the Center’s Site)
The Center’s Site shall not disclose or expose its members’ information to any third party without prior consent, except when it is required to do so by demand from national authorities pursuant to provisions of relevant laws.
Article 12 (Responsibility of Members)
- 1. Information shall be accurate. To keep members’ information in proper status strict maintenance of members’ IDs and passwords is recommended.
- 2. Members are not allowed to operate any kind of business using the Service without prior consent from the Center’s Site.
Chapter 4. Others
Article 13 (No Assignment)
Members shall not assign or transfer to any third party their rights to use Service or positions on their contracts.
Article 14 (Compensation)
The Center’s Site will not be responsible for any kind of loss or damage incurred from its free Service to members, except intentional crime committed by the Center’s Site.
- 1. The Center’s Site shall notify users of confirmation of reception if such users apply to such service.
- 2. The Center’s Site will not in any case be responsible for any product transaction or financial transaction, and any profit which members expect from use of the Service.
Article 16 (Jurisdiction)
Any dispute between the Center’s Site and its users in relation to use of Service shall be governed by the laws of Republic of Korea, and courts of Republic of Korea shall have competent jurisdiction.